Extra Curricular, Trips & Activities
Cross Key Stage Enrichment Programme
Once a fortnight students will partake in an enrichment session from our enrichment programme.
The enrichment programme is an essential part of the LPGS curriculum designed to facilitate students meeting others with the same interests and passions, regardless of age. It is also crucial to developing students’ ‘Cultural Capital’ – defined in the National Curriculum as, ‘the essential knowledge required to be educated citizens, introducing them to the best that has been thought and said and helping to engender an appreciation of human creativity and achievement.’ The booklet below contains a summary of the activities being offered this term.
Lunchtime and After School activities
- Computer room access – Room M211 is open after school for the serious use of computers.
- The Library - Open throughout the day from 7.30am until 4.15pm. Homework Club takes place after school on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. The Library provides a welcoming environment conductive to study and reading-for-pleasure. Students can browse the wide selection of fiction and non-fiction titles and access the internet and curriculum networks. The Library also hosts a variety of events to promote reading.
Trips and Foreign Exchanges
There are many opportunities for students across all key stages to partake in a range of trips and exchanges many of these are subject related but we also run regular music tours, sports tours for our senior school teams as well as a bi-annual ski trip and unique experiences run by organisations including Camps International and World Challenge.
Below is a list of trips taken in recent years:
- Art and Photography trips to locations including Hastings and Central London
- Dance trip to Disneyland Paris, including performing in the Disney Parade
- Drama trips to the theatre
- German exchange
- Geography trips to Iceland and Barcelona
- Hockey tour in Holland
- Music tour in China, Normandy, Poland, Spain and Prague
- STEM centred trips to the V&A, Science, British and National History Museum
- Ski Trip
- Tenerife exchange
- Trips to France
- Politics and History trip to Washington