Co-Educational 6th Form
Our Co-Educational Sixth Form is vibrant, diverse, successful and growing. Nearly three quarters of students from Year 11 choose to stay on because they've discovered that our supportive staff and friendly atmosphere combine with challenging expectations and high standards to guarantee future success.
Exam Results 2016
Langley Park School for Girls has achieved an A-level pass rate of 99%, with 48% of its 742 post 16 entries achieving A*-B or equivalent grades. Students performed particularly well in Mathematics, where 59% of 39 entries gained A* -B grades. In Chemistry, nearly half of 27 entries attained A* - B grades. Similar results were achieved in Biology, Economics, Psychology and Media Studies. In English Language and Literature 60% of students gained A* - B grades. The school’s vocational results are also exceptional, with over 63% of 136 entries scoring distinction and starred distinction grades.
Seven students achieved 3 or more A*/A grades and one girl achieved one and two starred distinctions at BTEC . Two students are going on to Oxbridge and others either to ‘red brick’ universities or exciting careers based on outstanding outcomes in vocational subjects.
Dr Anne Hudson said: "These are outstanding results. I am thrilled that this year, with an even larger comprehensive Sixth Form cohort, we have improved upon last year’s results. Congratulations to all our hard working staff and students.“
Matching and Exceeding Expectations
We will work with you to ensure that you achieve your potential. We add value to our students’ results, and this is why LPGS has consistently been in the top third of similar schools and college Sixth Forms when measured by value added.
There are a wide range of 6th form courses available
These require a general GCSE results profile of BBBBCCC or better. Most subjects stipulate their own GCSE grade requirements.To study A Levels you must meet both the general and specific GCSE criteria
BTEC Level 3
These require a minimum of 5 grade Cs, preferably including both a grade 4 in English and Maths.
- One/Two Year Certificate in Business & Administration
For A Level we use predicted GCSE grades to judge the suitability of your proposed courses as well as QCA score.
Enrichment and the wider life of the Sixth Form
Use the opportunities to develop yourself and contribute to the life of the Sixth Form and the main school by choosing enrichment activities and voluntary areas of responsibility. As a student here you can expect:
- A large Sixth Form community within the school
- A wide range of courses: A Level, BTEC Level 3 as well as a range of enrichment opportunities.
- Excellent academic teaching and expectations; 99% pass rate at A Level, and almost half of all grades at A*- B
- A pleasant learning environment with a dedicated 6th form base and excellent Library and ICT facilities
- A balance of supervised and individual study time.
- A structured tutorial programme including regular academic monitoring and target setting by tutors and senior staff
- Daily contact with your form tutor who will be on hand to offer advice on all aspects of academic and non-academic achievement, including the preparation and early completion of university applications
- Regular reports to parent